Aquathin’s Lead Out water filter reduces lead concentrations far below the E.P.A’s recommend level for safety. But that’s just the beginning. The Lead Out filter also reduces fluoride, chlorine, sediment and organic contaminants in your drinking water.
Lead pipes were used in homes and office construction up until the 1930’s. After that, they used copper pipes and until 1986 they were joined with a lead-based solder. The good thing is these pipes last for years, the bad thing drinking water with lead in it is very bad.
Lead is a very soft metal and can easily leach into the water when pipes become damaged and corroded. The water you drink and cook with. When we consume lead it just concentrates in our bodies. Lead in drinking water has been shown to cause serious health problems including damage to the brain, kidneys, nervous system and blood cells. Get the Lead Out!
Unlike regular activated carbon filters, our Yes filter for example, Aquathin’s Lead Out filter contains 69 cubic inches of FDA & NSF approved media ABA-2000AQ. ABA-2000AQ is a high yield activated aluminum oxide specially formulated for the removal of lead.
Lead and other heavy metals have a very high affinity to aluminium oxide. As the water passes through the deep media bed, the lead ions get attracted to the aluminium oxide. Once attached the water flow cannot detach the heavy metal ions from the aluminium oxide.
The Aquathin Lead Out water filter installs under the sink out of the way. Each complete Lead out water filter system comes with all the necessary hardware for an easy installation.
The clean filtered water is dispensed from a separate water carafe making it easy for you to fill up the coffee pot or get water for the pasta. If the water for the icemaker/water dispenser comes from under the sink you can add a tee and get clean water from the refrigerator too!
Also, don’t forget the bathroom. You don’t want to be brushing your teeth with cater that is not safe. A lead out filter can be attached to the cold water line under the sink.
Lead Out Filter Specification:
- Application – Drinking water, ice-makers and cooking
- Weight – 3 1/2 lb
- Pre Filter – #60 Mesh stainless steel screen pre-filter
- Filtration – 69 cubic inches of custom high reagent grade FDA & NSF approved media ABA-2000AQ and a separate bed of high-grade granular carbon.
- Post Filter – 5 Micron post filter
- Capacity – Lab tested – removed lead nitrate concentration of 80 ppb to less than 5 ppb at a flow rate of .40 gpm. Will process 10,000 gallons of leaded water.
- Pressure Test – 100 PSI Factory Tested
- Warranty – 1-year parts except for modular changes
Replace filters every 12 months.